This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills to an organization undergoing amazing growth and cutting-edge technological transformation! As a Senior Staff Engineer at Arrive, you’ll be joining a ground floor, highly ambitious team for a career-defining opportunity to transform our business from the ground up alongside industry experts. Rarely do you find a job with such a clear opportunity for directly impacting the company’s bottom line in a huge way!
In this role you will:
- Join a team that’s built to operate autonomously, collaborate easily and produce amazing products.
- Work with colleagues that value performance, quality, scalability, maintainability, consistency and, naturally, excellence.
- Collaborate creatively with top-notch product, engineering, and design teams.
- See the impact of your work, as the things you build act as force multipliers for Arrive’s brokers, carriers and customers.
- Enjoy the excitement of working in a dynamic environment full of brilliant, successful people.
- Learn and understand Arrive’s key business functions, industry and users, giving you the context to make the right decisions at critical moments.
- Contribute significantly to Arrive’s codebases and documentation, whether it’s operations, infrastructure, data or product that you’re being asked to work on.
- Operate across teams, communicating effectively and frequently with many leaders and individuals to achieve your goals.
- Collaborate across multiple departments including but not limited to Product, Development, Enterprise IT, etc to ensure the adoption of best practices and policies.
- Provide effective leadership in different parts of the engineering organization, relying upon your broad engineering competence to encourage best practices and inhibit anti-patterns, whether it’s in code, infrastructure or operational processes.
- Streamline and reduce the complexity of projects, services and processes in order to get more done with less work.
- Be an example of healthy engineering team culture, evangelizing the team’s principles and mentoring team members in how to apply them.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and 7+ years experience.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Ability to anticipate trends and ensure that Arrive is always ahead of the curve.
- Capability of understanding Arrive’s software architecture and articulating the scaling and reliability limits of the system.
- Exceptional commitment to quality.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
Bonus points if the candidate has:
- Experience working in the freight industry.
- This position does not have any immediate supervisory responsibilities but may participate as a mentor on the team.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean IT team.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in technology.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using out local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!